• My Modern Met
  • The Theoi Project
  • ReligiousTolerance.org
  • Idealist
  • National Geographic
  • One Day’s Wages
  • ReliefWeb
  • tribute

    10.12.2008
    I noticed a scratch on my wrist earlier today. From my cat, of course, but it reminded me of the movie "Princess and the Goblin" for some reason (the girl in it gets a scratch on her wrist from a rose's thorn). It led me to thinking about how things are so different when we're children. I watch a Disney movie now, and they always let me down, because I have such a glowing memory of how I saw them as a child. Albeit, I was a very imaginative kid, and have become a somewhat cynical adult (something I'm not proud of), but I still have those memories. And I am happy I have them. Real life just sucks sometimes. Fantasy worlds are what I intend to spend the rest of my life using to escape from reality, whether I am writing them, reading them, or watching them. I just want to express my gratitude towards the things that taught us as children that life is ours for the taking, and we can do whatever we want. We may not have a fairy-tale ending, or mice or fairies to help us along the way, but we do have family and friends, and the opportunity to make our own path. And that is a wonderful thing to have. Stories keep us happy and hopeful. Without them, the world as we know it would not exist.

    0 comments:

    Post a Comment