• My Modern Met
  • The Theoi Project
  • ReligiousTolerance.org
  • Idealist
  • National Geographic
  • One Day’s Wages
  • ReliefWeb
  • home

    10.13.2008
    I do my best thinking in my car. Which means I think a lot, because I'm in my car a lot. Recently, I was in said car, thinking, and came to the conclusion that my car is actually my home. It is the place that I feel the most comfortable. My apartment and my parent's house are definitely places I feel comfortable in, but there are always people around. My car is the one place I can sing at the top of my lungs and not feel self-conscious, or the one place I can sob to my heart's content without people crowding me or telling me to be quiet. It's a wonderful place to have and I am truly blessed to have it, for many reasons. You may be thinking to yourself at this point, "what about all the people around who can see into the car?" Well, I don't really care about them, because I don't really ever have to deal with them again. I mean, I care in general about their welfare, but I don't care about their opinion of me. But my neighbors in my apartment complex/house, and my family are all people I deal with on a somewhat daily basis. Make sense? So I just want to say that I am happy to have my trusty sidekick. And she is trusty. She's never broken down on me, ever, and I've had her since I was 16. Ergo, I am thankful.

    2 comments:

    1. Rachel Adventure said...:

      While I cannot relate to your car luck, I can relate to what you say a car (or when I had one) can offer. Sanctuary! I love those moments of unabashed jamming out, picking your nose, or changing your clothes driving down state street!

    1. bender said...:

      I seriously cry when I sell a car. I get very attached.

    Post a Comment